Saturday, May 31, 2014

I started yesterday morning off with a chat with Mom 
and we caught up with all the 'news' at each end.  

It always makes me remember how Dad used to stress out about the length of our long-distance calls, saying, "You talk like you're right next door!"  I finally got him to understand that that was exactly the point, and was worth the few dollars it cost to not feel so far away!  

And of course now it doesn't cost anything.

I made more progress on the book challenge quilt, but now have to wait until Wanda comes over on Tuesday to help me start the next phase.  Mom and Lisa, both of whom have seen it, have approved. 

The exterminator came yesterday, and Alex was already at work so I finally got to see his new living room arrangement.  (He'd invited me over the other night when Lisa went over, but I figured I'd let them visit alone.)  It looks nice; I approve.  Mom: I'll take a picture (after Alex gets up for work) and share it with you.

We had lunch at Wildflower (delicious, as always) and were glad we got there before the usual noon rush.  And now I have yummy salad leftovers (mine and Tom's) for lunch today.  Lisa ate all of hers.

Lisa loaded the podcast app and then showed me how to put podcasts on my iPad.  Now I just have to find time to listen to them....!  Should have asked her to help me with the mini, so I could listen more easily at the gym (when I finally get back into going other than Monday mornings.)

Yesterday afternoon/evening we had irrigation, so naturally there was a chance of rain in the forecast (although that didn't actually happen.)  
Of course by this morning the water had already all soaked in (triple digits will do that) and you'd never know to look at the yard.

I grilled steaks for dinner last night, though there was a 'slight' delay getting started due to a towering inferno (because of 'leftovers' that had dripped down below from when Tom did all that chicken last week.) I should have taken a picture, but this one is pretty damn close - really!

Alex was thrilled to be invited to dinner (I did peek in the fridge yesterday when I was over there, and it was pretty empty.... not even full of beer) but Lisa missed her last supper because she was out with Bailey.

I started HRC (Rachelle was reading it when I visited her a while back) which is about Hillary's time as Secretary of State, and I'm learning all sorts of behind-the-scenes stuff I never knew.

Today we take Lisa to the airport to start her next adventure, 
in San Francsico.

No comments:

Post a Comment