Wednesday, January 1, 2014

This morning Dixon and Lawna (sp?) came by with two other couples to see the museum.  The 3 couples lived near each other when their kids were growing up; now one couple lives in Anthem (I'm hoping to get Flo to join AQG - gave her a contact for Daisy Mountain Quilters up there), and the other 2 couples came to visit them and ring in the new year together. 

The guys were properly impressed with the museum (which was especially nice since Dixon put together and runs the impressive artifact museum in Fredonia), though the ladies were more interested in my quilts. <g>  The four of us popped up to Jeannie's to see the spectacular quilt currently on Ruby. 
This afternoon I raked up some of the mulberry leaves.  Although I filled both big cans, there are still plenty left on the ground. (As I was raking, I kept reminding myself of the wonderful shade the trees give us in the spring and summer.)  The remaining leaves will just have to get wet tomorrow morning during irrigation.  

I woke up early this morning, though I finally got in an afternoon nap; tomorrow, when I have to get up early to set the gates on 35th Ave., I'll probably feel like sleeping in.


All in all it was a pretty lazy first-day-of-the-new-year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment