Saturday, January 18, 2014

Yesterday was my last PT for a couple of weeks.  It will be interesting to see how my back does.  Afterward, I dropped off lemons at Laura's (she's conveniently located right near PT) and we had a lovely lunch and visit.  And I got a quilt pattern I've been wanting.
  
Jeannie came to a good stopping place on the Jenny Haskins quilt and took it off of Ruby to do my quilt - and now has another rush order on Ruby.  Of course when she texted me that mine was ready I was there within 2 minutes!  It looks great, even though I settled for an edge-to-edge, which means the quilting went everywhere, including over the embroidery.  (Custom was going to be way too expensive.)  Of course <g> I still haven't made the binding yet... no real surprise, right?

There's a big bluegrass festival in Blythe (CA) just past Quartzsite, and I toyed with the idea of attending.  But Patty can't go (she's chaperoning some kids running in the PFChang race) and I just couldn't muster up the 'oomph' to go by myself.  Feeling pretty lazy these days.
While being lazy in the hot tub yesterday a hummer visited the 'new' feeder; I'm glad to know it's been discovered.  Plus it looks like birds have been investigating the wool 'feeder' that I put out for their nest-building pleasure.  I'm sure the babies would thank me if they could.

And speaking of babies - I have 2 baby bibs to make for friends' granddaughters: one named LILA, the other LILAH. Guess that's one of the 'in' names now.

No comments:

Post a Comment