Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Good news from the surgeon yesterday - I can graduate from mammograms every 6 months back to the pre-cancer annual plan!
 
Kathy and Bruce and son Ted arrived for their visit.  While Tom gave flintknapping lessons (there was surprisingly little bloodletting)  
I spent part of the afternoon cleaning the pool and raking leaves,
both never-ending jobs this time of year.

Once I got back from PT in the afternoon (where my progress continues - some of the more disabled patients have voiced their hopes to get to my point) Kathy and I stopped in at Jeannie's to see the Jenny Haskins quilt.  While her Victorian embroidery designs are too foo-foo for my personal taste, I can still appreciate beautiful work when I see it!  Kathy and I hope to squeeze in another visit there today (to discuss the possible 'transfer' of some jewelry supplies) so maybe I'll have a picture to share then.  Sharing is good.

From there we continued on our way to the stained glass store on Bell for supplies for one of Kathy's projects.  I've passed that store often, and always wanted to find time to stop in - and now I have.

After dinner (at Valle Luna) Ted received the knife of Tom's that Kathy and Bruce had bought him, which capped off the evening quite nicely.

The weather forecast for the next few days has improved (as if that was possible!) and we're going to be ever warmer that originally thought.  Ah, 'winter'! Of course it was cold <g> inside the house when I got up around 6:00 - only 60 degrees.  But I fixed that right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment