Sunday, January 5, 2014

Yesterday I checked out the new seats at the Arrowhead Mall AMC theater when I went to see Saving Mr. Banks.  The seats are delightful - they recline, and have a footrest - but I was less thrilled with the glass partition between the tiers of seats.  For a short person like me, that meant that I had to view the bottom quarter of the screen through a partition, which made a 'line' across the screen.  I'm sure there's a reason for the partitions - but I sure didn't like them.  The movie, however, was very good.

I was also surprised that I had to choose my seat when I bought the ticket.  That could make it tricky if I'm meeting friends inside the theater.

Today Carolyn came over to give me some (asked for) advice on my embroidery project, and it only took a few minutes.  She said if she'd known how little time it would take she would have been able to come by sooner.  However (there's that word again!) after she left I went to do the final block, and the machine wouldn't recognize the pattern from the USB stick.  I tried everything I could think of, and then after an hour gave up and called her.  She ended up coming over again, although she couldn't get it to work either.  (Basically she did all the things I had already tried, so I felt a little better about my skills.)


But at some point we discovered that the pattern was too large for my machine, so we headed back over to her place to do it on her machine.  It took an Act of Congress to transfer the pattern from my stick to her computer to her floppy (the computer fought us at every step of the way) and then on the test piece the thread kept mangling itself.  But eventually - by 5:00 pm - we had it done.

PT and an oncologist appointment tomorrow (I'm going to have to postpone the gym) so I probably won't get around to the next step until Tuesday.  But at least I'm moving forward!  

And at some point you'll get to see the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment