Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yesterday I had a delightful visit with my cousin Rachelle, who was in town for a conference.  I picked her up and brought her back to the house where we spent the afternoon poolside (we would not have been doing that a week ago!) just chatting and enjoying fresh grapefruit right off the tree.  Marilyn: ya shoulda been here!

Later I whipped up salmon on the grill for dinner even though Rachelle said they were fed so well at the conference she might not need to eat again for a while.  (It was so thoughtful of the conference organizers to arrange to hold this year's meeting at the Marriott at Desert Ridge, conveniently close to here.  Other years it's been held downtown, much more of a schlep for me.)  

We're expected to hit 82 today (which would break the existing record of 81 for the date) and poor Rachelle is flying home to cold, crappy weather.  Too bad she couldn't stick around for a few more days - I know she's really going to miss our weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment