Thursday, January 3, 2013

This morning we headed to the cardiologist's and Tom had an EKG.  Although that did show that there had been an 'episode', the results were an improvement over the hospital EKGs, and good enough to clear him for cardiac rehab.  Now we're waiting to hear from rehab; maybe he will start that sometime next week.  Tom also got the okay to stop taking one med (of 12.)  Baby steps, right?  

He has been hoping to hear that 'eventually' (like, say, next week....) he would be off all meds, but it turns out that he will most likely stay on a handful of them for the long haul.  Could be worse!

Next stop was the hospital, to pick up his wedding band.  (They had taken it for safekeeping the day of his surgery, when I was at chemo.)  Tom stayed in the car while I went in with the paperwork and his IDs.  It seems there was also supposed to be a key (a key? I never saw a key, or even heard mention of one...) 
The good news is that ultimately I was able to retrieve his ring without the missing key.  When I got back to the car and asked Tom, he said, "Oh yeah.  It was taped to the paper at one point."

After depositing him at home (wiped out from the morning's activities) I dropped off his new pain scrip at the drug store and then headed to the electronics store to return my new iPad cover/keyboard (not as convenient as the one I've been using!) and discovered I did not have my purse with me.  A call to the house confirmed that I had left it there and gone off without it.  
Luckily I was able to make the return without the credit card or any ID.  

Once home I made some more medical appointments for Tom (he'll see a pulmonologist next Thursday) and also called his internist and gastroenterologist to let them know all about his exciting adventure of the past several weeks.  

Home Health is scheduled to make another visit this afternoon - otherwise not much else going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment