Monday, January 28, 2013

After this morning's posting I got busy with my day.  Well before the lab opened I made a trip to the grocery store, then got goulash going in the crockpot and bread in the breadmaker.  After that I started quilting, the day got away from me, and I spaced out calling Apryle.   

Mid-morning I took a break from sewing and went to get my nails filled; the hole in my thumbnail (just one of many injuries from my fall four months ago) has grown out to the end of my nail and I was worried that the entire nail would split.  When I got home Pokey had wandered out to spend a little time in the sun, so I rewarded her bravery with some of the leftover veggies that didn't make it into the goulash.

Then it was back to sewing.  Today I whipped up a panda block to put on the heavy new hooded sweatshirt that I got (on sale, practically for free) a few weeks ago.   
I'm thinking it should come in handy as another layer to help keep me warm at the WPA fireworks in Havasu next month.

To make a long story short, the phone rang at 2:30, and it was Apryle.  She had indeed worried when I didn't show up first thing this morning, but figured something might have come up and she'd wait a bit before calling and 'checking up' on me.  Of course she was glad to hear that everything is fine, and I'm sorry I worried her - but it is nice to be missed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment