Saturday, January 12, 2013

It was pretty nippy here this morning - very unlike-Arizona weather.

It's a very good thing that Tom wrapped the water lines outside yesterday afternoon while I was napping.  And we've got at least 3 more nights of this weird weather.  Only once since they started keeping records has Phoenix had 4 consecutive freezing nights.  VERY unusual!!!!  Many winters we don't get any!

I took one look at the thermometer this morning and wasn't brave enough to 'trek' to the hot tub.  Instead I stayed inside where it was nice and toasty 

At least I got some stuff done: mucked off my desk, balanced my checkbook, and did a little sewing.

This afternoon I picked up Carol and we headed over to ASMT for our massages.  She'd never had a 'real' massage, although she certainly enjoys the mini ones I give her at quilting.  I am happy to report that now she is definitely a 'convert' (talk about an ear-to-ear grin afterwards!) and says that any time I want to go again, she's more than willing to go with me!

2 comments:

  1. Did you make a warm place for Pokey? Perspiring (? in this cold ?) minds want to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pokey has an igloo dog house (we did have to widen the door opening) that she uses when it's cold; it has one of those red heat lamp inside. When she was younger/smaller we could bring her inside during these cold snaps, but she weighs WAY too much now for me (and currently Tom) to lift.

      Delete