Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Today I'm scheduled for my first post-chemo bloodwork; I'll find out the results tomorrow when I see the oncologist.  Then will have another blood workup the end of the month right before my next scheduled chemo on March 1.  Of course I'm hoping to hear that the numbers are good enough for my second round to proceed on schedule.  Bev was not so lucky - her WBC was too low to forge ahead with her next dose.  Most disappointing since no one wants to retreat when in full attack mode!

In totally unrelated news, forgot to mention that I noticed the hot water heater was not happy on Monday, and sure enough, it seems to have totally quit.  
I thought it was only a few years old, but a quick check showed that we had it installed in 2001.  More proof (as if any was needed?) that time does indeed continue to fly.  

If I told you that Tom was happy about adding "buy new water heater, arrange installment" to his Honey Do list today, would you believe me?  (And if you do, I'd like to sell you some ocean front property in Arizona!)
  

 At least we do have access to 2 showers out back in the guest house until we're back 'on-line' again here at the house.  Plus it could easily have waited a few weeks to crap out until the guest house is in full Guest Mode, which would complicate things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment