Thursday, February 23, 2012

I've been taking my naps later in the day (after Jeopardy, instead of before) which is a good sign.  But yesterday, between a phone call and then a dinner delivery from a neighbor, I didn't get more than 10 or 15 minutes.  Surprisingly, I didn't crash early in the evening.  In fact, I had so much energy that I squoze (love that word) all the downed oranges that I had Alex collect; the ripe ones keep dropping daily, which saves us the trouble of using the fruit picker.  Even having a LARGE glass myself (boy was it good!) I ended up with a very full half-gallon pitcher.  When Alex came home from work at 10:00 I was (amazingly) still awake (reading in bed) and he announced that the house smelled of oranges.  Also amazingly, the jug was not empty when I got up this morning.  :-)
 Wish I'd thought to count the number of oranges it took (a LOT) - Alex said it only took 9 grapefruits to fill the jug the other night!

Bev called last night.  She'd asked for suggestions for a light-weight beach read (they're hoping to head to Aruba next month in-between her chemo treatments) and although I'd picked out a couple, 'somehow' I hadn't actually e-mailed her.  We had a nice long chat before it was bedtime there (she's two hours ahead of us here.)  Bev and I grew up next door to each other in Maryland (I'm 26 days older, which was a biggie growing up, but of course now she's 26 days younger...<g>)  I know I have some pix somewhere of the two of us in our younger days (we sure were cuties) but this one of Bev & hubby John, taken in my first apartment in March of '73, will have to suffice.

Today not too much on my 'schedule' - but do have to round up some missing tax info.  Hope to be able to track down most of it over the phone.  Another glorious day predicted here (which is EXACTLY why we put up with our 'rather warm' summers!)

Just as I finished typing the above ('not too much on my schedule') but before I could hit the 'publish post' button this morning the doctor's office called. My hemoglobin is 13.4 (a good solid count), my WBC is a thrilling 9.2 which makes everyone happy (obviously the shots did their work!), and the ANC test results were not yet available.  The bad news is that my 'platelets had clumped' so I need to go back to the lab and have that test rerun. 
Poor arm. The real bummer is that means I have to actually get dressed. <g>

No comments:

Post a Comment