Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monday started out with a burst of energy.  I took a shower, dropped off some paperwork at the insurance company and then some books at the library's dropbox; came home and did some stuff around the house, swept a couple of the porches (what a glorious day - and it's only supposed to get warmer these next few!) and then visited with Patti, who came by to hem up a couple of pairs of my new (smaller sized) jeans.  
I, of course, am used to pants always being too long, and would have been reasonably happy to just keep rolling them up.  But Patti wants me to look more respectable (as if I'm going anywhere for the next year or so?) and insisted.  They do look better now, for sure. 

By the time Patti left I was fading, and crawled into bed for my afternoon nap.  Only about an hour into it I was awakened by the screen door slamming  (Alex leaving for work?) 
and might have drifted back to sleep if the phone hadn't rung a minute or two later (some automated opinion poll!)  
Stayed in bed another 2 hours, until dinner, but never could fall back asleep.  Did eat dinner, but felt lousy all evening.  I was a little concerned when I took my temperature - after consistently being 97.something it had 'soared' all the way up to 98.4... trying to be a fever for me!  Happy to report that this morning it's back into the 97s.  I feel pretty good this morning, although somewhat achy.

Happy Tuesday! Do YOU have your Mardi Gras beads ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment