Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Day at THE SPA

A good friend (who is on her second round of chemo because her cancer has sadly returned) has told me that she actually finds her treatment days very relaxing, almost like a day at the spa.  So that's the image I'm holding on to.  In fact, I'm so 'excited' to start today that I was up quite early, finally getting out of bed at 5:00.  

When I got on the computer this morning, Lisa had sent me Super Hugs from Baltimore - and included a link about a Therapy Penguin in Pittsburgh!  Who'd have thunk?  <G>  I may have to add Pitt to my "places to visit" list - and possibly even slide it to the top!
http://jezebel.com/5883276/move-over-therapy-dogs-heres-a-therapy-penguin

"Roast Beef", the Therapy Penguin!
 I would head out to the hot tub and pretend I'm soaking at the hot springs and watching the sun rise - but found out yesterday that despite what 'they' said when I had my port installed, the chemo nurse said I should wait another week or two before I soak.  Disappointing..... but this too shall pass.  In the meantime, Tom is doing my soaking for me (and using some of the pain pills I never needed post surgery) until his back is no longer out.  Luckily it doesn't happen to him very often - but maybe he'll have a better appreciation of what I go through periodically (and why I take such pains with my thermorest, schlepping it everywhere, trying to prevent it!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment