Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This morning when I arrived to Record for the Blind I got some sad news: they're closing the Sun City studio the end of this month.  There is another studio in Phoenix but that's about twice the distance (in the opposite direction), so I'll have to see how that goes.  Will miss all the folks I've met - most of them will not be willing/able to schlep all the way in from the west valley.
Pretty nippy here last night.  It officially got down to 34, although our grass was crunchy this morning, so it possibly got down to freezing.  Tonight is predicted to be even colder, but then it'll warm up some.  We are definitely wusses when it comes to winter weather - but we put up with summer just so we don't have to 'do' winter!  

This afternoon I made the bias binding for Benny's quilt and attached it. (I always think of Carolyn at this stage - her tutorial and instructions always come in handy!)

That means tomorrow at quilting I can do the hand sewing and then it'll be all done.  Don't know why some of the ladies complain about sewing the binding, since it means the quilt is finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment