Monday, December 19, 2011

Rich food

Saw another new low number on the scale yesterday morning, so even though I got very little else 'accomplished' yesterday, I was rewarded with dinner at Carrabba's.  At Alex's suggestion I tried something new, Spiedino Di Mare (shrimp and sea scallops coated with Italian breadcrumbs, grilled and topped with lemon butter sauce)
It was delicious, and I would order it again - although it was so rich that even before we had left the restaurant I had stomach cramps (and I'll spare you a description of my first few minutes at home.)  Tomorrow I have my blood tested to check how my cholesterol has done on this new diet, so today I'll be behaving myself in the culinary department!

Tomorrow is the first night of Chanukah, which means I really do have to get busy and wrap the presents.  And that reminds me - as we were leaving the restaurant last night, Alex was talking with the hostess up front, and asked me if I remembered Michaela G. from his 1st-grade class.  I volunteered in the classroom every week so I knew the name - although of course I never would have recognized her as she's changed 'just a little' since then! But she brought up the fact that she still remembers me from when I brought the dreidls and menorah in for a Chanukah show-and-tell that year.  Obviously it made an impression with her.

Looks cold outside, and also like it's trying to rain.  Would love to veg out again at home, but places to go and things to do.  Lisa's on her way to Disneyland, so hope she has nice weather tomorrow.  Alex is in Flagstaff for another day of snowboarding, so 'bad' weather could be a plus if it's making more snow!  He just arrived, and says that down at the base of the mountain it's not bad, but of course he'll know more after he gets to the top.  On Friday, they were above the clouds at the top, and he experienced temps he never knew existed. <G>  Tried to board again on Saturday, but the winds were high and kept the ski lifts from operating.
Alex got his Chanukah present early - a turquoise ski jacket that he tried out on Friday.  It wasn't cheap, but obviously well designed since it kept him warm and toasty, so it was a worthwhile choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment