Friday, December 2, 2011

button improvements

Gingerbread boys' enbellishments are going slower than expected... maybe because after the first few I set them aside.  But the buttons definitely perk them up.

Had a nice relaxing soak in the hot tub this morning.  Yesterday I had planned the same, but after I 'braved' the howling winds and was all set to get in, I discovered that 'someone' had turned the heat down... it was only around 90 degrees, definitely not warm enough for me!  I cranked it back up, and later talked to Alex about leaving the setting where it is: if it's too hot for him, he can just not use it!
It wasn't quite up to temp (thermometer read 96) so I nudged the dial a little so it should be better next time - but it still felt good on my achy bones.  The cold and damp don't do them any favors!

This afternoon I'm in the 5th grade, which is always fun.  The kids want to see a picture of my polka-dotted car (circa 1967) so I'd better go dig that out before I forget.  In that album there's also a picture of me playing the clarinet at camp in the summer of  '61 (after 5th grade) which should elicit more laughs.  
 I'd taken up the instrument because best friend Beverly was taking clarinet, and she started because her older brother Hank played the clarinet.  (Neither one of us continued after that first year, although I think Hank kept with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment