Monday, December 12, 2011

Cruising quilt blogs this rainy morning

and found this little gem on Tina's Artelicious site.  
When she entered the parking lot at Quilt in a Day, 
this sign marked Eleanor Burns' spot:

The series of storms and (relatively!) cold weather that have been assailing us in recent days have not made my achy bones happy, although the up-side is that we can always use rain here.  And of course I'm very grateful that I have a nice warm house where I can curl up and read, and sip on some hot fruit tea (miss my chocolate 'coffee', though) while bundled up in warm sweats under an afghan.  Plus any time I feel like 'braving' the elements I can dash out back and soak in the toasty hot-tub.

...Research shows that making gratitude a part of everyday living promotes good health, elevates happiness, and boosts relationships. Psychologists say that perpetually grateful people are optimistic and energetic, which helps than handle stress and illness better than those who focus on the negative.

Patricia Carlson of the nonprofit A Network for Grateful Living, states: “Gratefulness has to do with experiencing the fullness of life. Sometimes we look at it as a play on words – it’s the great-fullness.”

 Feeling gratitude and not expressing it
is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
~ William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment