Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Was working on long post about yesterday's adventures, and "somehow" when editing/polishing it just before posting it I managed to delete the entire draft! 



Of course I hoped it would be hanging out in the deleted files folder (they make it look so easy on TV to find deleted files...!!!) but if it's there the computer certainly is not allowing me to discover it.   


Now I have to try to reconstruct what I can remember of it.




I accompanied Marcie to 35th Ave. (she needed some stabilizer for the weighted quilt) and I certainly didn't plan to buy anything.  But when I saw some adorable dog fabric it begged me to take it home and make something for Marilyn.



There was a quilt hanging by the check-out register with a backing fabric of quilts on a clothesline, which would be perfect for my laundry room curtains.  Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) it turned out to be fabric from her stash, and long discontinued.


Drowned my sorrows by going to lunch at Las Glorias, where Perri was able to join us after she finished up her grocery shopping.  Wanda was also invited, but on her way home from a doctor's appointment (where she could have received better news...) she had already stopped and grabbed lunch. 


 
Wanda wants to get together with Marcie while I'm in Colorado this summer, and asked for her contact info.  So I sent her a text from Marcie's android phone (easy enough) while we waited for Perri to arrive, and then went to add Wanda to Marcie's contacts (not as easy as it should have been!)  Because of Marcie's essential tremor a lot of fine-motor actions are difficult, so Mike usually takes care of things like that for her.

Long story shorter: There is NO edit option under Managing Contacts (though we found a sizeable number of other options for which we had absolutely no use!) and each time I tried something her phone would dial Wanda.  I would immediately hang up before trying yet another button - but it turned out that Wanda was actually getting the calls, and hearing our conversation.  She kept trying to talk to me (though I heard nothing) and eventually gave up on that and called my phone, when we all got a good laugh out of it.  Bottom line: the only way to edit a contact is to delete it and start over.  Even my dumb flip-phone has an edit option!!!  



We had a delightful visit with Perri (as always) while we pigged out.  
My chicken chimichanga was yummy, as expected.


Perri had also recently mucked out and organized her sewing room; the pic looked fabulous!  Naturally she found all sorts of "hidden" projects in various stages of completion, and is busily finishing up some of those.   Her new kitty Phoebe is adorable - and a much sweeter companion than the first "replacement" she had tried.

After lunch Marcie and I stopped by here to let Tyga out to pee (we were gone longer than I expected, lingering to chat long after we'd finished eating), show her the Mimbres quilt I've pulled out to work on (got motivated after Wanda recently shared the same panels she's using on a project), and grab some of the leftover backing fabric from the t-shirt quilt (Marcie offered to make up an embroidered label for it and we wanted to match the thread to those blues.)  Instead of deserting Tyga again, he was invited up to their house to hang out with us while we worked on the label pattern, where he obviously enjoyed exploring their house and yard.  The big surprise was that Latina seemed just fine with him "intruding" on her territory.  We hadn't been quite sure how she would react.



Even though I had stressed that there was absolutely no rush on the label, Marcie whipped it up last evening.  So I'll get it today when we meet for Wanda's birthday lunch at Tagliano's.   



While her birthday is not actually until next week, we had to move up the celebration a bit because I'll be off to Colorado then.  Mike will be joining us today, and if Tom wasn't fishing in Bimini I have no doubt he also would have volunteered to join the party!



This is a bit of a rush post since it's time to get ready to head to the gym, so no time to edit.  You can bet I'll be a lot more careful from now on with my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment