Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tami called this morning, and I'm relieved to report that all is well there.  They've just been out of town every weekend so she's been trying to play catch-up during the week (while working full time.)  I'm hoping that it works for her to meet me in Prescott for the bluegrass festival on June 23 - and then instead of heading right back to Havasu maybe come back here to spend the night and learn how to quilt her table runner the next day.



Got a bit of a late start this morning with my yardwork because first I dealt with yesterday's quilt pix to put on the Foothills site.  I did a whole bunch of raking (though I finally think I see a light at the end of the tunnel!) and filled one of the big green cans before calling it a day in that department.



When I got to the Agave library this afternoon, signs were posted that the reptile program was full.  Apparently people had gotten there an hour early to wait in line for their tickets.  Should have known that it would be crowded.  It was disappointing - but maybe I'll have better luck when they replay the program at the Juniper branch on Monday? 

 

Marcie invited me over to check out the patterns on her machine; she's going to make up a custom embroidered label for Bailey's quilt.  After I chose one I liked (and also three bright thread colors from her vast collection) I helped her do some ripping on her last batch of blocks.  About the time I she had resewn the strips going the right way, Costco called me to say my glasses were in.  So guess what we did next?



After dinner I finished watching Loving, Vincent (only had about 20 or 25 minutes left to go when I crashed last night) which both of us found quite good.  Unfortunately, there were no subtitles available (strange for a new movie...) but otherwise I'd recommend it. Very creative and well done.






No comments:

Post a Comment