Saturday, June 16, 2018

After the gym yesterday I stopped off at the Flying Pig; I wanted to give Cindy some of the fabric I "rescued" Wednesday to pass along to Denise.  I didn't care where it ended up, and as I was emptying the four bags of my rejects onto the table that morning I realized Denise would most likely appreciate it.  And Cindy said she would.  My reward for that good deed <g> was getting to see a couple of beautiful quilts that the women were working on.


Cindy has a beautiful plant blooming in her yard.  (The color reminds me of our wisteria in Kingman.)  I asked her about it, and she said it's plumbago - and needs shade.  Hers was certainly happy on the north side of their front house.  I actually had my camera with me but didn't realize it (leftover from when I thought I might take some pix of the snakes at the library on Thursday) but here's a generic shot from someone else's yard.



Didn't have to pick up Alex yesterday after all.  Turns out that Paulie had some errand to run on this side of town and dropped him off.  Tyga, of course, was beside himself with joy to have his boy home! 



We got hear all about Alex's wonderful trip,
and see more pix and video clips.  


Alex had met the owner of the venue at Pats Peak, and Tom and I were proud to see the letter that man sent to Rockstar praising Alex and listing specifics of why he was so pleased with him.  



Finally got my Mothers Day dinner at Tokyo Lobby, 
which was as good as I remembered from my first visit in April.

  


Last night Tom and I started watching The Handmaid's Tale.  (I was surprised to learn that he had read the book.)  Tom bailed during the second episode, which means that when I get the next disc I won't have to wait for the guys to return from their fishing/snorkeling trip in Bimini to continue binging.



Wanda doesn't need to go to 35th Ave. today after all because a friend had the perfect backing in her stash, and neither Marcie nor I "need" anything.  So the three of us are just going to do lunch today at the Claim Jumper and not have to battle the Black Bag crowds.  Wanda is looking forward to seeing Bailey's quilt and the t-shirt quilt - and my nice neat mucked out sewing area "before it gets cluttered again."



Tom and Alex plan to get in the pool today and "test out" their new equipment before the trip.  Their flight leaves a little after midnight tomorrow night.  Hope they can sleep on the plane.  I never have been able to.


No comments:

Post a Comment