Sunday, June 17, 2018

It was amazingly cool yesterday, with lots of cloud cover.  Some places in the Valley even got rain, though (of course) we didn't. I was a little jealous after friends posted pix of this happening in their neighborhoods.



However it did try to sprinkle here.  I actually felt a drop or two when I was cleaning the pool in the afternoon, but could see no evidence on the pavement or in the water.



My hair, however, showed definite signs of high humidity, 
with some extra "body" to it.... aka frizz.



After some Show & Tell yesterday (Wanda's cheery kid quilt, with prairie points in the blocks, was adorable!) Wanda and Marcie and I had a delicious (and filling) lunch at the Claim Jumper.   In fact I ended up so full that I didn't eat again for the rest of the day!



And I came home with an adorable label for Bailey's quilt - 
thank you, Marcie!  


After I add the hyphen to my name (the happy font didn't have one!) I can sew it onto the quilt, possibly later today. Then it'll be ready to pop into the mail for the birthday girl - after I show off the happy quilt at Busy Bees on Wednesday.  It is actually reasonably rectangular... and would look so if I still had a design wall on which to photograph it!

On the day you were born, the world became a brighter place


This Laurel Burch panel, like all of her fabrics, is happily bright - 
though unfortunately my photo doesn't capture its intense brilliance.



I did take advantage of the cooler weather yesterday to work some more on the binding of the t-shirt quilt, and finally am approaching the finish line.  Just need to round the last corner!  



I don't mind blind-stitching binding most of the time, but it's a lot less fun shvitzing under a quilt during hot weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment