Saturday, June 9, 2018

Still no idea why DVR records some episodes of Jeopardy but not others. 


The other evening we watched one of the few that had taped, 
where the Final Jeopardy category was American Quotes. 

"In a 1789 letter Benjamin Franklin relates the durability
 of the new Constitution to these 2 things."

Seemed obvious to me <g> that the answer was "death and taxes"... so I was surprised when none of them got it. Not sure why in recent months this scenario, when I know the final question, yet none of them do, has happened on a fairly frequent basis; "in the old days" the occurrences were few and far between!  I seriously doubt that's it because I'm getting smarter in my old age - but it does make me feel good!



Friday morning I did a bunch more raking out front (before irrigation arrived) and got one of the cans about half full.  I left a little early for the gym so I could make a stop at the bank (to pick up some new check registers) and then got to the gym early enough to sneak in a little cardio before my workout.

  

That afternoon I popped over to Walgreen's to have some prints made for Mom and Suzanne, and while I was there picked up some 2.5 cheater glasses.  Now I can read again!  





Marcie and Latina came over to visit Tyga later in the afternoon.  There was a little sniffing and tail wagging, but mostly she's ignoring him.  He returned the favor - until she decided to investigate his food dish.  That's when he let her know that food is his!



On this morning's agenda is some post-irrigation weed pulling while the ground is still soggy and gives them up easily. I keep making progress in that department - although there never is really an end to it.  If I could only teach Tyga to dig them up out front (don't bother with them in the Back 40, and they are good for the birds and butterflies....)



At some point I'll need to devil another batch of eggs to take to the Sewcial later.  Now that I've got cheater glasses for close work I'm hoping to make substantial progress on the binding of the t-shirt quilt.  



Got my Mothers Day gift from Alex, a 3-tubed birdfeeder, finally hung on the big Chinese elm out front, and the birds eventually found it.  It's in a perfect spot to watch through the window from my recliner, though from this distance (and without glasses) I have no idea who the current visitor is.  (Of course even close up my birding ID skills are quite weak.)  Anyone know what kind of bird this is?

No comments:

Post a Comment