Friday, March 16, 2018

Wednesday morning I remembered to bring handwork with me to the Foothills meeting so I could be productive.  I got the 'extra' borders removed from Sierra's top (which I hope to get quilted at the Flying Pig at my upcoming long-arm lesson) and most of the binding on the little heart for Teresa.  I won one of the door-prizes (second month in a row!) and came home with a little notepad (perfect for the car console) and a wrist pin-cushion.  (At least I didn't pull my own name from the basket... like Sue did!)



Marcie and I left a little before noon (unfortunately missing Louise's block resizing tutorial) because I expected the cleaning ladies at 1:00 and had a few things to do before they arrived.  The previous month, when they were also scheduled for 1:00, they had arrived closer to 1:30, so I was surprised when they showed up shortly after noon.  Glad I was home to let them in! 


I still had to join the ends of the binding together so I could finish the blind-stitching on the heart/teardrop, but got that done and was able to give it to Teresa.  When Tom found out about her son, he asked, "What can I say?"  The sad answer is there really isn't anything to say.



Tom had spent Wednesday smoking a brisket, and then Marcie and Mike joined us for dinner.  They both agreed that it lived up to all the hype. Latina did voice some objections during the meal (she thought she should be having brisket instead of "just" another T-bone) but as we reminded her:



Marcie had insisted on bringing dessert, a chocolate lava cake she'd whipped up that afternoon.  Of course with the ingredients and her serious lactose intolerance she couldn't have any, and it turned out neither could Mike (he's pre-diabetic.)  Of course it was beyond scrumptious, though I was pretty sure I'd pay for my indiscretion with "sleepus interruptus".... which I did.



Thursday morning I made a library run (needed to pick up a couple of books that had come in) and while I was there I looked for Doc Martin.  They didn’t have Season 8 in stock, and I decided not to pick up their one remaining copy of Season 7 since I expected the second disk from Netflix to arrive any time.  Would you believe that when I got their e-mail yesterday about the disk on the way, not only wasn’t it the second half of Season 7 (sitting right at the top of my list!) but instead a kid movie I didn’t even have in my queue!?  First screw-up for Netflix…. <sigh>  I think I’ll pop back over to the library today, and hope that the Doc is still there!



Had my tax appointment with Matt yesterday afternoon.  Between what I'd brought (and the info I was able to get from Tom over the phone) it looks like all of our info is accounted for, and neither of us expect any surprises this year.  I do my best to be organized, and Matt did say that he's always happy to see my name on his schedule.  He does have some clients who arrive with a box stuffed with disorganized papers.



Irrigation went well yesterday; the water arrived right on schedule at 4:36, and we got a nice, deep watering.  But since it was cloudy, windy (and cold!) yesterday, I doubt much of it has soaked in and Latina's "park" may still be inundated this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment