Tuesday, March 20, 2018

This morning I served our "guest" some apple, which was appreciated.


Unfortunately once Pokey woke up, she turned out to be a less gracious hostess, pushing the smaller tortoise around in quite an aggressive manner.  While I knew the smaller one would not be happy if it got tipped over, what I really worried about was Pokey pushing it into the pool... where it would sink like a stone and drown!




I made a number of phone calls, and eventually arranged for it to hang out in Joy & Dick's yard.  So once I got home from the gym (where I worried the whole time about its safety) Tom and I delivered it across the street, to a yard that is even more of a tortoise paradise than ours... especially since there is no resident Meanie!


We're still hoping to find its family, but the good news is that Joy and Dick sound willing to keep it should it remain homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment