Saturday, March 17, 2018

Guess today is an appropriate day to post a pic of my shamrock plant that "came back to life".  It had survived two Phoenix summers on the front porch (no small accomplishment!) but then this past fall Mr. Peacock discovered it and devoured it down to the dirt.  I did continue to water the seemingly empty pot, though had no real expectation that it would rejuvenate.  And yet a month or so ago I was surprised to see shoots peeking up through the dirt.... and look at it now!



I happened to notice the mail being delivered today, and sure enough there was the red Netflix envelope with the wrong movie.  After I opened it and put it back in the mailer, I caught the mailman at the next house and sent it back.  Here's hoping that this time they get it right, and Season 8 of Doc Martin arrives next!



Yesterday's mail delivered a pleasant surprise.  My assumption was that the envelope from Southwest Imaging was a bill, so I was taken aback to find that they were returning my check instead:


But they had definitely sent me a bill...



Got a call this afternoon that our taxes were done.  That was sure fast!  Even better news is that we don't owe any money - so we went out to dinner, at George and Son, to celebrate.

  
Minutes after we got home, Wanda called to catch up (she's had company) and it turns out that they had eaten at the same restaurant tonight but left shortly before we had arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment