Saturday, March 3, 2018

We thought Alex was going skydiving today (that's what he had told us) so Tom and I 'scheduled' a little worry time... but it turns out he went yesterday.  When these pix arrived in my e-mail it was proof he had lived to tell the tale! 

At first I assumed that was their plane in the sky, but after looking at the other pix I'm thinking that's the doorway of their plane just as they jumped.  Alex sure looks pretty calm.. or just stunned?!


Guess that qualifies as a leap of faith?!


I see a little more emotion in this shot!





Looks like Alex is getting ready to pull the yellow handle to deploy their parachute.  I'm glad to see his "buddy" has his hand on the cord as a backup "just in case"!



I wrote and asked Alex:
Was it as much of a thrill as you expected, and you want to do it again….or just plain scary? 

His reply:
I definitely want to do it again! I’m doing it again this month here!


As my Dad always used to say, "Your kids will give you gray hair!"

In sad news, I got a phone call yesterday (while waiting as Mom was having her nails done) from Marcela.... her mom passed away.  Margarita had Alzheimer's, and was not going to "get better", so it was a mixed blessing.  Marcela is relieved that at least she does not have to watch her mom get "as bad" as many of the people in the care facility (she still seemed to know who Marcela was, and was not bed-ridden yet) but of course it still leaves a hole in her heart. And it's another big loss, coming not long after her husband Steve's death in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment