Friday, January 5, 2018

Yesterday's high was 79, but today it's 'only' supposed to hit 78. 
I'm pretty sure we'll manage...


I did go to the gym this morning. Tom wasn't sure it was such a good idea, but I promised to take it easy.  Which I did, with lower weights and fewer reps.  I 'warned' Jim that I don't plan to go to Boot Camp on Sunday; I'm not up to that rigor until I get back up to speed.



This morning I spoke with Christina in Baltimore (yes it's COLD there) who found paperwork to fax to Gaylor, and when I finished at the gym there was a message on my phone from Cody that it was just what they needed. So that would seem to be one less crisis in my life.



On my way home I stopped at library to drop off a book and several DVDs.  I did check the Hold shelf, though nothing was in for me.  So guess who got an e-mail later this afternoon that a book came in?



Marcie came by to see the spool quilt, and absolutely loved it.  (I've gotten as far as printing out the entry form but still need to fill it out.  Maybe this evening?)  She also helped me pack up Logan's skateboard to mail since they had too much stuff (with all the other gifts) to take it on the plane.  Lisa's glasses were already safely packed in bubble-wrap in a happy red & yellow Superman tin. Should be a nice change from boring cardboard boxes.



This morning I was able to snag an appointment for an oil change and tire rotation at 2:00. The good news is that (almost!) everything under the hood looked good.  They found a rodent's nest (!) on the battery, and the critter had nibbled on a bit of the plastic.  At least all the wires were in good condition!!!  Wouldn't have thought my car would be parked long enough for 'someone' to make it home, but obviously we need to set some traps!


I got to the post office this afternoon about 3:30, and my first clue should have been the packed parking lot.  The line was out the door - and (naturally) they only had three windows open.  The good news is that it only took 20 minutes for me to work my way up to one of them.  Question: why does it make things "better" when people pile up behind me in line?  It certainly doesn't reduce my wait time any, but for some reason it does feel better not to be last in line. 



Remember how I wrote earlier that there was one less crisis? 


I wasn't home from the post office very long when Josh called from Gaylor.  Turns out that there's a new wrinkle.  He's going to check into a couple of possibilities at his end, I'm going to talk to Andy and see if he knows anything, and Josh and I will talk again next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment