Saturday, January 13, 2018

On Wednesday our neighborhood was the lead story on the news when a man on the next street was found murdered in his house.  (Tom had noticed all the helicopters hovering.)  Yesterday I found out from Marcie that our painter, Dennis, rents the guest house on that property - and was the one to find him when he hadn't been heard from for several days.  (When Dennis was painting here I remember him chatting with me about him, saying what a down-to-earth guy he was despite his wealth.) Apparently the man owned a rehab facility, and Dennis reports that he had befriended some of the teens trying to give them a chance at a better life.  They 'repaid' him by torturing him in their attempts to get money from him.  Tragic any way you look at it! 


Alex called yesterday, on his drive from Colorado to California.  The guys should arrive there today, and then after a day or so of getting organized at that end he expects head home for bit.  This month he had a fantastic time snow-boarding in Breckinridge, Telluride, and Steamboat Springs, and of course is hoping to get up to Snowbowl in Flagstaff as much as possible before he heads out for his next job (TBD as of our conversation yesterday, though he could know more after he gets to California.)



First thing on my agenda today is to make more progress mucking my sewing area.  Now that I'm finished with my 'coffee' and about done 'working' on the computer, it  would appear that I'm almost done procrastinating this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment