Friday, January 19, 2018

Alex declined my invite to go out to dinner last night (he had other plans)
since the chef was in Quartzsite.


I ended up bringing a tublet of Winco's yummy deli ceviche up to Marcie's and shared their leftovers with them.  They both enjoyed my contribution so much (I left the rest of it with them) that they've decided Winco must be their next grocery store stop!



When I walked up their house at 6:00 it was almost dark, which made it a bit hard to see the actual color of the pebbletech that had recently been installed in the new pool.  But it's looking good, and was happily filling with water.  Now they're waiting on deliveries of dirt before they can finish up rest of the backyard.



The schedule for our next cycle of irrigation was posted last night. The good news is that we captured a stress-free time slot in late afternoon.  Of course it's always a bonus not to land in the middle of the night - especially during the winter.  But the really good news is that the people who bought the house next-door to Marcie have signed up for water again (yay) which means we do not have to do the gates on 35th Ave. (YAY!)  I can only hope that they continue taking water, and that all those years of doing that chore are over!


I've really missed the kitchen clock (and still keep looking up at that empty spot on the wall!) but finally got Tom to look at the "possibles" I sent in an e-mail.  After the second and third reminders in a week it may then have fallen into the category of nagging - but how hard is it to look at a few pix when you're checking your e-mail?  Eventually it took the 'threat' of just choosing one myself for him to finally look at them (though with a heavy sigh!)  This was his pick from the list I'd compiled:


And speaking of time, it's time to have breakfast and get dressed for the gym.  My back is still somewhat unhappy - but at least it's feeling a lot better than it wasTuesday evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment