Monday, January 15, 2018

Up since 4:00 this morning <sigh> which never makes me happy.  Of course that could have something to do with the fact that I have been drinking a lot of water, 'studying' for today's blood test. My kidneys do seem to be quite happy - though of course we won't know for sure until I get the lab results.



Yesterday I made the binding from my bright leftover Robert Kaufman fabric.  (There is not enough to go all the way around the quilt, but I knew that would be the case.) My original plan was to do the rest of the binding in black, but this morning I did a search on line, just in case I could find some to order.  However nothing came up; even on his site that fabric name/number does not appear.  Who knows how long I've saved it in my stash, waiting for just the right quilt, but (obviously) quite a long time.  Good thing fabric is patient!



Last night (after we'd pigged out on Tom's delicious dinner) Wanda gave me a wonderful tip on avoiding binding bulk at the corners (just a simple matter of folding in a different sequence) which I'm looking forward to testing out.  She was somewhat reluctant to bring it up (though I always welcome constructive criticism) because she was quite happy with the binding job I'd done on her quilt, and was afraid I'd think otherwise.  But her suggestion definitely will even out the bulk at the corners.  Wonder why no one teaching binding methods ever mentioned this trick? 


And chatting this morning with Linda (one of the few people I can call early in the morning) I got another suggestion, given to her by a judge at a recent quilt show, on how to make the binding fuller. So I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out.  She hasn't even had a chance to try it yet, so I'll be the guinea pig.

 

Talked to Josh this morning and got some questions answered, though (after talking to Andy last weekend) I had some more for him.  He's going to look into things and get back to me, possibly later today. But since the office was closed Thursday and Friday for meetings, I'm thinking it's possible he might be a little tied up today...


No comments:

Post a Comment