Friday, January 5, 2018

Wednesday I still felt quite blah, and thus my day was spent lounging (and binging on Downton Abbey.) But on Thursday I felt well enough to keep our financial appointment in Scottsdale.  Our meeting with Becky and Josh (with Cody sitting in) ran well over an hour, but everything seems to be on schedule to transfer funds into the new IRAs before the IRS's end-of-month deadline.  However I did get a call later from Cody about some additional paperwork needed for the TBLA transfer.  Another search through my files last night turned up "something", though not sure it's really what they want/need.  Sigh...



In the afternoon Irene dropped off my spool quilt. I had given her carte blanche, and as expected she did her usual wonderful job.  Tom was reading in his recliner, so he now knows what "quilting by check" costs.  However he did seem to like the completed project, and not a peep out of him re the cost.  Last night he held it up so I could take its photo.


His only actual comment was on the "perfect backing"
of sewing machine fabric:


Of course it still needs binding, and a hanging sleeve - but I have until March to do those.  At least now I can complete my entry form for the show and get it mailed to the AQG office before the Jan 19 deadline.  FYI - I had a dream (nightmare?) last night that I was dropping off two quilts in Mesa for the show (no memory of what that 'second' quilt was!) but since I'd left the official paperwork for them at home they were not accepted.



Irrigation was last night, and since two properties up-ditch signed up for water this cycle we didn't have to do the gates on 35th Ave. YAY!  One property was Fred's house, next-door to Marcie, that just sold.  Since the new occupants have several young children I'm guessing it's likely they will want a backyard with grass and/or other greenery.  That should mean they will continue to sign up for water, right?  Here's hoping!


Zanjero Terry called yesterday (after he'd been there to show them how to work their system) because he didn't think they'd be able to take as much water as they'd signed up for. He wanted to give us a 'heads up' that they might have to let their water go early, though he was pretty sure we wouldn't mind a little extra. Still, if it turned out we had too much he said we could just let ours go a little early.



Between the holiday, company, and my crappy cold I have let a considerable number of things slide.  So it's not surprising that I have a LONG list of things, including many phone calls, to do today.  (I haven't had much of a voice the past few days, so couldn't take care of those.)  I definitely need to try to have the oil changed in the car asap since that light came on the beginning of the week; hope I can get that done this afternoon.



Due to my cold I had cancelled Tuesday's gym session, but do plan to go in today.


Watching news footage of the current weather around the country, with lots of snow and bitter, bitter cold, makes us VERY grateful to be in warm, sunny Arizona.  (Gloria, in Miami, reported they had their fireplace going!) Our temps this week are in the sensible 70s, and I do NOT miss real winter at all!


We will be getting our version of 'cold' (50s) along with rain on Wednesday.  I will have to venture out to quilting in the morning and deal with that weather, and that will be bad enough.  We may not be bundled up quite like this - but I expect everyone will be wearing sweatshirts and coats!



Speaking of winter, Alex is currently on his way back to Colorado (Breckinridge, Steamboat Springs, and Telluride) to work some snowboarding events.  He, of course, would be thrilled if there was a tonnage of new snow being dumped in those places; it was disappointing when he was there in December.

  
On their drive from California the guys stopped at an abandoned water park for this photo op.  Yes, that's him on the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment