Sunday, November 30, 2014

It took almost 3 hours (longer than usual) for my annual clean up of the hot tub and its environs this afternoon.  That was probably because everything was dirtier than usual since the canvas covering the lattice roof continues to deteriorate (no doubt thanks to our Arizona sun) and thus allows dirt to blow through the rips.  But now it's all cleaned (and even refilled!) so once I get the new filters and chemicals at the pool store tomorrow we can turn in on. YAY! 


I'm glad I checked the calendar again.  My appointment with the orthopedist isn't tomorrow, it's next Monday.  I have so many post-it notes on December that some of them covered up December 1, and when I glanced at the calendar and saw the visit on Monday the 8th it (sort of) looked like the first Monday. 



At least I got a lot accomplished today and didn't just run in circles - though I admit I am running out of steam.  



Pokey also has a nice clean crate now (not that she ever thanks me), and in addition to a couple of loads of laundry I did actually unpack the small duffel bag I took on my trip; the big suitcase, however, still hasn't been touched since Tom brought it in last night.  That's on my agenda for tomorrow, along with a trip to the grocery store (Tom gave me a pass on that today <g>) and the pool store.



Lisa let me know that she and Chas landed safely in Oakland today.  I was sorry to have missed her visit, but they had a very early flight out this morning so coming over last night wasn't in the cards.  When I asked her if the airport had been a zoo (they flew into/out of the smaller Mesa airport) she said no, that Mesa airport was "positively quaint"!  Nice for her; I don't think too many folks flying on Thanksgiving Sunday can report a stress-free airport experience...


No comments:

Post a Comment