Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TUESDAY, August 5

This morning I found a very large blister on my ring finger - and have absolutely no idea how I got it.  Strange!

I got in an early morning soak at the Apple pool before breakfast, and a mid-morning soak at the party pool after breakfast.  Around 10:30 Terry and I drove into Salida to do some grocery shopping while Tom headed off to visit a couple of rock friends (Tim in Castle Rock and Doug in Fairplay) for the next couple of days.

In Salida I saw a tiny 'library' outside someone's house (take a book, leave a book) and a woman riding what at first glance I thought was a unicycle but turned out to be something called an ordinary.  (Later I saw another ordinary parked in someone's yard.)  We dropped off the recycling and hit a few shops; Terry found a cozy jacket for Neil for his birthday next week, and I found a pretty yet inexpensive dress for me, but the real coup was stumbling across a store that carried exactly what Tom has been looking for!

In town we ate a yummy lunch (we both chose the day's special, a veggie frittata) and a bit later got ice cream before finally heading to Safeway.  On our short drive to the grocery store I noticed a fawn in a yard and watched its Mama jump over the hedge to join it.  

Driving home we saw some weather in the distance, but the rain was considerate enough to wait until we had all the groceries unloaded from the car and I had refilled the empty hummingbird feeder.

Dinner was a delicious pasta dish Terry whipped up (I helped) and it's a meal I'm going to try to recreate once I'm home; dessert was another batch of freshly-baked cookies.  During dinner a spotted fawn and mama were grazing right outside the window, and (of course) I had to take some pix.  Think I got a couple of good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment