Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lots of interesting conversations in the party pool this afternoon.  I heard a woman talking about the climb below Mooney Falls, holding on to the chain - so of course I talked with her, and told her I'd lived in Supai for a couple of years; Bernie was talking about his trips to Peru, and how he's planning to do another Thanksgiving there in 2015.  Machu Pichu IS on my bucket list...;  I was telling Stacy about a hot springs not far from Kingman, and then Jim introduced himself, telling me he's from Dolan Springs - small world;

Tom had delivered lunch to me at the party pool: chilled watermelon and cantaloupe pieces that wouldn't quite fit into the watermelon shells last night.  I made the rounds of the pool, sharing with the crowd.  Not quite like when we used to bring a whole watermelon up to the swimming pool and share slices, but just as appreciated.

Clouds and thunder rolled in around 2:00, so it was time to get out of the water.  When I left, Tom was in deep conversation on the bench with another geologist.  He did make it back before it rained, and later we cruised up to the apple pool, where there were two Aussie puppies, Snow and Bela.  I know that puppies only come in cute - but it really is hard to top 2-month-old Aussies!

Delicious chicken/turkey soup for dinner tonight, and for dessert we were treated to a chocolate pecan pie Terry whipped up today.  She is really spoiling us!  After dinner we watched "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio" (I'd read the book when it came out years ago) which the guys enjoyed as much as we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment