Thursday, August 14, 2014

THURSDAY, August 14

No morning soak in the Apple Pool this morning - but it looks like it's going to be rainy all day, so I may still get wet. 

Yesterday when we were packing, the zipper on my purse (actually a fanny pack) broke.  I do have a small Life Is Good bag that I am using at the moment; unfortunately it does not have a zipper, or even a snap, at the top, so I am definitely in the market for a replacement.  

Stopped in several mom-and-pop quilt stores in Rifle.  One was cleverly named Bolt Action, where I took several pix (and yes, I bought a yard of fabric that Sharon had used in a quilt that was on display.)

Rainy drive toward Meeker - very low clouds, obscuring the strata.  Hoped to see Anvil Points and The Bookcliffs off to the left. Didn't get my camera out in time to snap some wild, wavy, colorful rock formations on the right.  Continued on to Rangely, where we toured the museum, mostly to see their artifact collection.  Which was so-so.  But I really liked the flintknapper's (Tim Meinen) display.  I gave him a call (knew he and Tom would enjoy visiting) but only got the answering machine.  Too bad.  

So off to Dinosaur, and then Vernal, where we went to the Heritage Museum to see their very, very, very nice Indian artifact collection. And what a bonus - they were also having a display of "Quilts on the Edge" this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment