Thursday, August 28, 2014

The tree-trimmers, due here at 7:00 Wednesday morning, actually arrived at 6:40 to take care of that cracked mulberry branch.  They've been here before, and so were able to find <g> the offending mega-limb without even ringing the doorbell.  I was on the phone with Marcella (we didn't get everything said on Tuesday even after a chat of over an hour) when I heard the chainsaw start up.


 In less than an hour they had it down, sawed into manageable pieces, and tossed into their log chipper.  (At my request they also cut off the dead top of one of the cottonwood trees.)  Both mulberry trees definitely need to be seriously pruned back (again) so it doesn't happen again, but Paul's crew didn't have time for that yesterday; I'll have to make an appointment with Deb.  Paul said they're swamped and running about 2-months 'out' at this point, so I'm really glad he made room in their schedule to swing by. 


It was a quick meeting at Busy Bees yesterday morning, so we quickly moved to the fun part at the end; there were some quilts I would have taken pix of during Show & Tell... if only I'd remembered to bring my camera.  Oh well.  At least I did get the fabric requirements and instructions for next week's table runner class.  (I like the wonky star pattern.)  And there were yummy brownies, Sandy had a menorah pattern she'd picked up for me, and Peggy had a bunch of spools (for me to pass on to Kathi) and paper towel rolls (to pass on to Marcia.)


I'd invited Alex for dinner last night, and my grilled salmon, steamed green beans, and rice were a big hit with everyone.... no leftovers, and hearty compliments.  Always nice when my cooking is successful!


Over the course of the day yesterday I worked on my vacation pix - so at least I'm making headway - and did some more today while I waited for Jeannie to pick me up for 'coffee' with some of  the Night Owls.  Again, I'd forgotten to bring my camera, so couldn't take pix of any of the Show & Tell.


Stopped in at Wanda's to get more advice on what fabric to use for the border on Terry's quilt (both Jeannie and Wanda like the quilt) then headed to 35th Ave. where I found something that will work nicely.  Tried to 'drag' Carol along with me (she's usually up for a trip to the fabric store) but she was busy.


Last trip of the day was to the grocery store, where I picked up some chicken for Tom to BBQ for dinner.  It was delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment