Tuesday, August 12, 2014

TUESDAY, August 12

Happy birthday, Neil!  I started off my morning with the 'mandatory' soak in the apple pool, then came down and cleaned house (dusted, swept/mopped/vacuumed floors, gave the bathrooms a quick once-over, etc.) while Terry was in the kitchen cooking everything from scratch (as usual) for the party this evening. I did get to lick the bowl from the chocolate cake, and everything else sure smelled good!  

Helped Tom get the trailer hitched up (we're leaving tomorrow - although Terry did 'remind' me that The Row party is this weekend, and we should certainly consider staying...!)

Tom and I soaked in the party pool this afternoon and mapped out a general itinerary once we leave here. Later I played in the apple pool with 2-year-old William, floating leaves and apples down the waterfall, and then vegged a little by the swimming pool.  

Back at the house we did presents with Neil before the party - which took a lot longer than it should have.   The party itself was a big success; several dozen folks showed up - and I knew a lot of them. The food (2 different types of chili, 2 different batches of cole slaw) was delicious, and it was a fun evening, with lots of laughter.  I got some great pix, and Tom gave knapping lessons. Even watched 11:14 again (with Michael and Doug) after the party ended.  Late night!

No comments:

Post a Comment