Friday, July 18, 2014

Yesterday I attended the Celebration of Life for Carolyn's husband Gary; I was glad to see that it was well-attended by our quilting friends.  Her granddaughter Brianna (who spent an afternoon here swimming and feeding Pokey during one of her annual visits from Kansas a few summers ago) has grown up so much that I didn't recognize her!  And I can now put a 'face' to Carolyn's son Jason.  

  
I seem to have perked up a bit - the past couple of days I have not taken naps (after succumbing to daily afternoon naps for about a week.)  I have noticed that my appetite is also off, but who wants to eat much when it's this hot?  Although yesterday wasn't too bad (it was overcast, and not that humid) we'll be back to 110 shortly.)


Last night I heard good news from my friend Mary, whose cancer diagnosis stunned her last week.  She saw her oncologist yesterday, and with 'aggressive treatment' (chemo/radiation/surgery) her prognosis is excellent.  It also didn't hurt when she found out that she's not likely to lose her hair.


Heard some rustling noises in the bedroom this morning - 
sure hope that mouse isn't back!


No comments:

Post a Comment