Monday, July 7, 2014

I worked some more on the wedding quilt yesterday.  Of course I didn't make as much progress as I'd hoped/planned, but at least it does continue to look better and better.


I also downloaded (and then printed) a pattern for "fun and easy fabric fortune cookies" from Craftsy.  There are 4 pages of instructions, with lots of pictures.


But I'll be damned if I can figure out how they got from step 5 to step 6.


 It doesn't help that the pictures in those two steps are from different projects (using different fabrics) so I just can't tell what they've done.

Then I downloaded a tutorial on making a quilt from a pixelated photo.  Of course she shows how to pixelate the photo on her MAC, and I have a PC.  At the end she says those who have a PC can do it on Paint: "It's just that easy."  I even googled instructions but though I followed them carefully it did not work for me.


I really am a reasonably intelligent person, and can follow directions.
Just wish people would write instructions that work!


By that point I was already good and cranky so I figured I might as well go rake up a bunch of stuff to fill up the trash can.  So at least one can is filled to the brim.
 

This morning I have a routine follow-up with the surgeon, so my workout with Jim has been rescheduled for the afternoon.  The gym could be quite aromatic by then...


Our humidity, usually in single digits, gets really ramped up with the monsoons.  Today it will be in the mid-40s.  At least we only (!) have to put up with it for a couple of months. But it is making us rather miserable.




1 comment: