Thursday, July 3, 2014

I helped Betty pick out the backing for her Carol quilt.  Isn't the quilt pretty?  


Then we went searching for just the right backing for mine. Here's the quilt


and here's the batik I chose for the backing.  Hope Carol approves!


Mulqueen's is having a sale on their embroidery thread; 100 spools for 'only' $300.  (While that sounds like a hefty price, normally the pack sells for twice that.)  Hmmmmmm.....I do have a birthday coming up!


Back at Betty's I tried to fix her computer internet connection, 
but turning her computer off and then back on again didn't do the trick. 


So I decided to go with Plan B.  


I called COX.  



The technician was helpful (and patient!) and eventually we got it working again.  (Thank you, Robin!) So now Ms. Betty can get back to reading my blog.


As long as I was in the neighborhood I stopped in to see Tracy, and we had a nice visit.  She even let me French braid her hair for their party tonight.  This painting of hers reminds me of Robin's artwork (and IF the computer had not deleted all of my favorites I'd still have her site to share.)


The big news this evening (and they've pre-empted Jeopardy for it) is a storm warning in Awatuckee/Chandler.   No wind/dust here (yet?) but of course the night is still young.  Hope Alex doesn't run into any problems driving home tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment