Saturday, July 26, 2014

DAY 6 - Saturday, July 26

I slept in the house last night, but Tom slept in the back of the truck to get a break from my snoring.  (It never bothers me...<g>) This morning I called Mom to chat for a bit, and then when it got late enough on this side of the country I gave Betty a call to wish her a Happy (91st!) Birthday.  She said she'd been getting calls all morning, the phone ringing again as soon as she ended each call.  So I was lucky to get through on my first try.

The guys took off of their quads to do some sight-seeing up the mountain and I declined to go; not sure my back would appreciate all the bouncing.  Instead I did some housekeeping, took a shower, and did some reading on the deck.  Claire is on her way over from Montrose to visit, and when the guys get back we'll all head into town for a late lunch or early dinner.

No bear sightings.... Yet!  I still remember our visit from 6 summers ago when the kids were heading out into the yard and Dwain told them to be sure to take the bear spray.  NOT something we have to worry about in Phoenix!  Just the other day at the hot springs we were reading the local paper, and there was an article about a bear that broke into a house in Ouray for food.  The women sleeping in the house heard the noise in the kitchen and thought they had a burglar so they called the police.  Scary stuff!  We did bring all the food from the truck and trailer into the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment