Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kathy and Bruce did not get out of here as early as they had hoped/planned yesterday.  Kathy looked at more of my quilts and fabric, 'shopped' for beads, got more rocks (and a knife) from Tom, etc.  They pulled away around the time I was leaving with Jeannie to go fabric shopping nearby; one of Jeannie's clients has been selling fabric on e-bay for years, and has decided it's time to retire.  Adrian's rather large inventory of fabric was marked WAY down, so it would have been criminal not to buy some, right?

I did get some yardwork done early in the morning before everyone was awake, and we were (more or less) ready for irrigation this morning.

I got a haircut this morning.  Shelley and I were both surprised that when I called yesterday to schedule it her first open slot (which was today) also worked for me.  Now I feel (and look) much less shaggy.

Afterwards I took a check over to Jeannie  (Adrian's sale was on a cash basis only, and I didn't have much with me) and met another one of her clients who was dropping off an absolutely adorable t-shirt quilt from all of her Mickey Mouse shirts/jammies.

Jeannie had just loaded a rush quilt for a client whose fiancee has terminal cancer and didn't have enough thread left in a perfect color, so I tagged along on a trip to Mulqueens.  What trouble could I possibly get into at a quilting store? <g>

While Jeannie was trying to decide on thread (the spool she had was old, and that color was of course discontinued) I shopped the sale rack, and ended up with blue (to go with the teddy bear fabric from yesterday) and also a little bit of Halloween fabric (to go with some I bought yesterday.

Colors are MUCH brighter, but this was the best my cell phone could do.

The teddy bears are playing Peek-A-Boo.... too cute!
Again, colors are much brighter.

Now I'm off to the library to pick up a book on Hold, and run a few more errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment