Saturday, October 19, 2013

A few more pix to post, and then I'm all caught up with the Cabo pix.

Grabbed this photo from FB:
Kathy, Mom and me waiting for the rehearsal dinner to start Friday evening.
  
I love this shot I got of Zach and Bekkah Sunday evening:

There were lovely melon carvings at all the buffets, but I thought Pokey might like this one:

Of course we enjoyed the towel animals that greeted us in our rooms each evening:

Ms. Cow (?)

Ms. Elephant

Ms. Dinosaur

And they weren't the only animals around.  Elmo was there!




These are some pix I found on FB (and 'borrowed') of the guys' fishing trip Sunday morning:




Be sure to notice the 260# marlin hanging behind them!



(Alex said he e-mailed me some video of him fishing, but it didn't come through.)

Remember I talked about the surf and undertow?  I asked Alex to obey the red flag and stay out of the water; of course he wasn't about to listen to his mother, but I luckily the lifeguard seemed to have a little more sway!


In this picture you can see a water spout over the water.  The guys said they were really close to one when they were out fishing!  (The fishing boat and the resort got poured on that morning.  Lisa and I just got sprinkled on right before we swam with the dolphins, but we returned to the resort to find the streets and resort heavily flooded.)

Waiting in the lobby for Lisa's ride to the airport Sunday afternoon:

Here we are Sunday evening at dinner, 
getting ready to eat some of that yummy fresh fish!


It was a wonderful weekend, and I have great memories (and pictures!)

Yesterday afternoon Jan brought over her granddaughters Sienna (5) and Macy (3 tomorrow) to visit Pokey again (although their other time was about a year ago, and Macy didn't remember.)  Pokey enjoyed their visit, especially since Jan had stopped off at the grocery store first for some lettuce!

This afternoon I went to the movies with Mary and Linda to see Gravity in the IMAX theater.  All three of us really enjoyed it.

In a little bit I'm heading across the street to a party at Ben & Estera's: volleyball/soccer - and of course lots of good food, although I'm still pretty full of popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment