Monday, October 28, 2013

I spent much of this afternoon/evening working on a post.... and of course saving it along the way.  But somehow, with just one touch of a button, it's gone!

I guess I have no choice but to try to recreate it.  Here goes.

This morning started out like my other Mondays, at the gym with Jim.  However, since I haven't been back there since last Monday's session (even though Alex called to 'remind' me...) it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped.  Still, it went reasonably well.

I made it home a few minutes before the plumber arrived, and now the guest house has a new disposal (and a sink that drains!)

But doesn't look like we'll be getting the ice maker working over there.  Even though just one plastic piece broke off, the entire unit would need to be replaced.  So it looks like guests will have to make do with an old-fashioned, low-tech arrangement.

There was a little time before I headed off to PT, and I finally got to see Tom's Idaho pix.  Pretty country!


And here he is, riding Blackie in the mountains.

Physical Therapy continues to go well.  On my way home afterward I stopped to pick up more vitamins, fill up the gas tank after yesterday's round trip to Tucson, and then check in with Jeannie to see the STUNNING quilt she's doing a custom job on.  It was interesting to see how she sets up Ruby to do that, but it's very labor intensive.

Once home I kicked back to read the Sunday paper.  (Who knows when I'll get to today's paper?)  While Tom was getting the elk rib-eye steaks ready for the grill, I caught up on Clash of Clans.  Dinner was wonderful; in addition to the steaks, he sauteed green beans in butter with garlic.  There were also baked potatoes, and nice sweet watermelon.

My meds (which need to be signed for) are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.  Late this afternoon I got a call to sub a half-day for a math teacher at the high school.  IF all goes according to plan (I know, I know... how often does that happen?) the meds should arrive around 10-ish.  If they're not here by the time I have to leave (10:45) Tom can't take delivery because he has a doctor's appointment.  Luckily, Estera (across the street) is going to be around and can do it for me.  (I'll leave a sign on the door for Mr. UPS.)  Another crisis averted.

And that's all I can remember from the lost post.  
Guess I'd better post this one before it, too, disappears into cyberspace! 






No comments:

Post a Comment