Sunday, October 27, 2013

Captain Phillips was a good movie yesterday - had me on the edge of my seat!  

Afterward Patti and I stopped in at Michael's to pick up some new counted cross-stitch needles since I was down to my last one!

Last night I watched Blackfish (the documentary film about killer whales in captivity) and started another name bib for one of the teachers at Lisa's school.  On the drive down to Tucson this morning I made more progress, but it was a good thing I'd gotten needles yesterday, since at one point I lost the needle I was using.  Of course I know it's there somewhere....

DOGTOBERFEST
for Handi-Dogs
was a lot of fun today.
Their mission is "to promote independence, freedom, health & dignity for seniors 
and 
people with disabilities through the use of trained dogs
." 
(
Diabetic Alert dogs, Service/Assistance dogs, Therapy dogs, etc.)

There were a lot of vendor booths and activities for the many, many dogs that were there.  (We got a charge out of watching the dogs paint.)  All of the dogs were friendly and well-behaved, and quite a number were dressed in their Halloween finery. After a bit I got my chair from the car and settled in by the band, which was another reason we'd headed down: Peter's band was playing.

The festival ended at 2:00, and I finished up the bib at 1:55 ...

Once over at Lisa's we ended up playing Munchkin.  Despite Lisa telling us it was an 'easy game to learn', Tom and I both struggled - though of course Lisa and Chas had no trouble at all.  By the end Tom and I were (sort-of) catching on, and I can see where it would be a fun game if we had a little more practice. 

Then it was out to dinner at the Blue Willow (great meal, fun gift shop) and then the drive home.  And that was my weekend.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment