Thursday, February 21, 2013

Weird Weather does not even begin to describe yesterday in Arizona!  We 'only' got rain - but parts of central Phoenix and Scottsdale got SNOW - and I don't mean a dusting!!!  Don't think anyone ever imagined that rush hour problems would be caused by snow!  Here's a picture of the 'fun' yesterday afternoon on Loop 101.
Of course folks in Phoenix don't even know how to drive in the rain (sad but true) so it was no surprise that there were accidents all over the place yesterday due to the slippery conditions.

And at the golf tournament in Marana (north of Tucson) people were no doubt expecting (the usual) 80 degree sunshine, and instead got SNOW!  (And Tuesday we had 'regular' weather, sunny and in the mid 70s!)
First-round play in the World Golf Championships event was suspended Wednesday when rain that came down sideways quickly gave way to snow from a winter storm that dumped close to 2 inches on Dove Mountain in about an hour. The temperature plunged to 33 degrees at the cactus-lined layout 2,800 feet above sea level.
 

Tucson also got snow - 
here's a short clip that Robin posted of it snowing at their place.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200587252585533&set=vb.1285775408&type=2&theater

Lisa's school is near their place and it also snowed there, understandably making the kids nuts (I know how excited Lisa and Alex used to get about rain!) and emptying the teachers' lounge when everyone ran out to look at it.

I stayed in my PJs all day (Teresa didn't mind) but ended up having to get dressed to go out to dinner.  I'd told Tom 'I'd buy if he'd fly' for Chinese food, but he wanted to go to the buffet.  Alex was invited to meet us there, which was a good thing.  Tom didn't bring his wallet since I was buying, and I spaced out grabbing my purse because I wasn't driving.  So we had no money, and Alex had to cover the bill.  
There was also an issue finding a restaurant when the intended rendezvous destination turned out to have closed - cell phones came in handy - and we did eventually find the restaurant Lynne had mentioned to me on Monday.  All's well that ends well.  :-)  AND my fortune cookie packet had 2 cookies (and fortunes) in it!

In a bit I'm off to chemo; nothing else planned for today.  I'm 'letting' Tom take care of irrigation today.


No comments:

Post a Comment