Friday, February 1, 2013

Chemo went just fine yesterday.  
I also got the results of my shoulder x-rays (negative, as I expected) 
so the oncologist is taking me off of the Arimidex (the suspected culprit causing the aches and pains) and trying me on Femora.  No doubt <g> I will keep you posted on whether or not that helps.  

The Benadryl knocked me out for an hour at chemo, and then I hung out for another hour just to make sure I was completely sober before driving home.  

Tom and Garry had gone to the Quartzsite rock show for the day, so I had the house to myself.  After lunch I stretched out on the heating pad in front of the TV and took another nap (although if you sleep as hard as I did, there should be another name for it.) 

 Tom called to let me know that they were getting back into town earlier than expected (Q was pretty dead) and wanted to know if I wanted to meet them at Abuela's for dinner.  Except that not only didn't I hear the house phone ring (a whole bunch of times - the message machine is on the blink at the moment), I also didn't hear/feel my cell phone (which was in my jeans pocket while I was napping!)  

I was supposed to leave the back door unlocked because Tom wasn't taking his keys, but when I crashed around 2:00 the house was all locked up, so he ended up waking me up.

I also realized that I did not finish up the quilt top by my self-imposed deadline of January 31.  So I've set a new goal (see how easy that is?) and hope plan to have the quilt top completed by the February meeting on the 27th.  

Lots of piddly stuff on my agenda today.  But Tom is going to see if he can unclog the dishwasher and make it happier (I found some great instructions/pix on Pinterest) which would certainly make me happier!


No comments:

Post a Comment