Tuesday, February 19, 2013


Good news on the car front: I can now access my spare tire (it was locked underneath, but I had no key - discovered that problem when I tried to have the tires rotated last oil change. Of course that also means I'm less likely to get a flat, right?)  Accura knew the unsuccessful tire rotation was how I'd discovered the missing key, so they rotated my tires for me gratis.  While I was there I also had the back windshield wiper replaced.  The whole unit had been snapped off, so there was more involved than just picking up a new blade at the auto parts store (which I found out when I first tried that option.) And there was more good news: because my motor was still usable I saved about $100.

FYI The Accura waiting room was pretty upscale - lots of goodies to eat (wide assortment of fresh fruit, granola bars, cookies, etc.) and a well-stocked Keurig (I opted for some hot apple cider.)  As another plus, they topped off their service by washing the car, vacuuming the inside, and (best of all) cleaning the inside of my windshield.  

Before I left the service office guy asked if there was anything else he could help me with, so I did try to have him set up the Bluetooth to enable me to 'call home' without having to pull over and get out my cellphone. I can already take incoming cell calls with a touch on the steering wheel, but after many failed tries he said he'd have to do some research and get back to me.  (And yes it did make me feel better that I'm not the only one bumfuzzled by technology.)

On the way home I popped over to the lab to get my pre-chemo blood drawn, and then dropped off a stack of books at the library since there were several that were due back soon.  I'm glad I thought to look on the HOLD shelf because there were 3 more waiting for me.  (I haven't even gotten an e-mail yet about them, so they must have just been put out this morning.)

All in all it's been a productive day.  Now I can relax this afternoon... and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment