Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My tax appointment went well - Becky & Matt are such nice folks - and I had no trouble finding their new office.  It's in a pretty snazzy building, and sad that the building had the need to post this sign in one of the flower beds out front:
(NO SMOKING. Not an ashtray. Use smoking area and ashtray provided.)

On the way home I stopped in at QUILTZ 'since I was in the neighborhood anyway'.  Of course <g> I made purchases (because I so rarely get over there) but only for fabrics that I can add to my Reading Wizard cape.  (That makes it okay, right?)  

While I was there I snapped pix of some of the display quilts.  The kaleidoscope effect of the Stack-and-Whack quilts can be so stunning!

And I've always loved black&white&red quilts (maybe why I had such fun making the quilt for Tami?)
I wanted some of the fabric in the 4 center squares, and would have bought some if I could have found it.  But before I could find a shop person to ask I noticed the sign at the bottom of the quilt that said they were sold out of those fabrics but decided to leave the quilt up anyway to give folks ideas.

I felt pretty tired on the way home, and after I ate lunch I crawled into bed and turned on the TV.  Sure enough it wasn't long before I fell asleep... only to be awakened by the doorbell.  It was a guy wondering if we needed some yardwork done, like cutting down our sad dead-looking oleander hedge.  Although despite the hard freeze I doubt they're actually dead.  We've had almost-as-serious freezes twice in the 14 years that we've lived here, and even with the oleanders being cut back practically to the ground they have bounced back and peeked over the (6-foot) wall in one season.


No comments:

Post a Comment