Friday, February 8, 2013

Check out these two local quilters: one is 91, and the other is 98!  
http://scwaz.com/?p=108804&cpage=1

Another precinct heard from; today COX e-mailed that their automatic payment didn't go through.  I called and gave them the new card number, and now all should be fine.  I guess I won't worry about initiating the calls myself, just wait for the notices of non-payment to show up in my e-mail.

I also called Grand Circle (based in Boston) with a couple of questions about my May river cruise.  When I asked how the weather was (we've been hearing about the approaching mega storm on the news) she did say it was snowing, but things weren't too bad yet.  Of course her take on 'bad' and mine are probably (!) somewhat different.
She laughed when I told her it was 71 here yesterday, and this morning I went out for the morning paper barefoot.

My friend Bev lives in Connecticut but is currently on vacation in Florida.  They had planned to fly home tomorrow, but I'm guessing that the storm may rearrange their plans. I know a lot of flights in the Northeast have already been cancelled.  Big headaches for lots of folks.... guesstimates say 50 million folks could be affected by this storm front.

And speaking of BFF Bev - she's going to be filmed for a cancer video later this month and they wanted some old pix of her as background, so naturally she asked if I had any.  I did come up with three from 1973 (this is her with hubby John at my apartment)
  but I think the real winner is this one labeled Memorial Day 1954.
(Both of us turned 4 in September that year.)

And that's your smile for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment